- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D.
- Chapman University, BS in Business Administration & BS in Computer Information Systems
- CA Real Estate Broker
- State of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Representative Litigation Matters
- Defended $75,000,000 real property in case involving approximately 100 plaintiffs.
- Negotiated settlement in litigation for over $250,000,000 in real estate properties.
- Obtained victory on behalf of developer for manufactured housing community valued at approximately $20,000,000 in conversion case.
Representative Transactional Matters
- Advised and drafted purchase agreement package for national home builder for $200,000,000 development.
- Represented brokerage in formation, licensing, and department of real estate matters, including policies and procedures and employment agreement related to communities of 3,700 homes.
- Represented client in entitlement process, including obtaining conditional use permit and appearing before governmental agencies.
With a deep background in business and technology, Thang’s mindset is unlike most other attorneys. Employing a business-minded approach, Thang applies multidisciplinary methodologies in achieving his clients’ goals.
Using his varied skills, Thang provides a hands-on approach when helping clients mitigate risks, capitalize on opportunities, and resolve disputes. For example, Thang is an Excel expert who has (1) created dynamic financial models from contractual terms to show their effects and the available options in multiple business deals; (2) translated complex legal language into actual numbers for recovery of damages in real estate disputes; and (3) coded automated data aggregation processes to concisely and persuasively present years of information in defense of employment matters.
Thang has acted as outside general counsel for various companies, including a $500,000,000 real estate holding company. As such, Thang’s real estate transactional experience includes real estate acquisition, ownership, development, operation, and disposition. Thang has also represented clients in matters involving manufactured housing, new home developments, and homeowner associations. Additionally, Thang has litigated numerous real estate cases, including ownership disagreements, lease disputes, and failure to maintain.
In terms of business transactions, Thang has represented clients in a host of areas, including entity formation, financing, vendor contracts, purchase and sales, as well as governance. For business disputes, Thang has handled litigation matters from pre-litigation through appeal, including jury trials.
With his broad skill set and experience in both transactional matters and litigation, Thang often collaborates with other departments at EPGR Lawyers. For example, Thang has represented clients in family law matters involving real estate ownership, businesses, and corporate control disputes, supporting the analyses and strategies as to division and valuation of assets. Similarly, Thang has litigated employment cases involving wage and hour claims as well as wrongful termination. He has also drafted and advised clients on employee handbooks and employment and severance agreements. Furthermore, Thang is often consulted on matters involving electronically stored information, including intellectual property issues due to his legal and technological knowledge.
Thang is fluent in Vietnamese, has a passion for community service, and enjoys snowboarding with his family.